Pension for Non-Service-Connected Disability for Veterans

If you are a veteran or surviving spouse of a veteran requiring in-home care or the assistance of a caregiver in your daily life, you may be eligible to receive pension benefits from the Veterans Administration. This pension benefit program is federally funded for veterans and/or their surviving spouses. It's designed to fund in-home care for those who meet established criteria. It may be in addition to a VA Pension or a VA Compensation.

This Special Pension allows for Veterans and surviving spouses who require the regular attendance of another person to assist in eating, bathing, dressing, undressing or taking care of the needs of nature to receive additional monetary benefits. It also includes individuals who are blind or a patient in a nursing home because of mental or physical incapacity. This most important benefit is overlooked by many families with Veterans or surviving spouses who need additional monies to help care for ailing parents or loved ones. This is a "pension benefit" and is not dependent upon service-related injuries for compensation. Most Veterans who are in need of assistance qualify for this pension.

We will provide you with professional guidance and help you with the necessary paperwork while you are being assessed for eligibility for the Veterans Non-Service Connected Improved Pension.

Applicant Eligibility

Those veterans who have had 90 days or more of honorable active war-time service in the Armed Forces or if less than 90 days wartime service were released or discharged from such service because of a service-connected disability, who are permanently and totally disabled for reasons not necessarily due to service. Income restrictions are prescribed. Pension is not payable to those whose estates are so large that it is reasonable they use the estate for maintenance. Must have been honorably discharged and be disabled or over age 65. In addition to the military qualifications, there are income and asset qualifications. Each situation is unique and should be evaluated to determine qualifications.


Military discharge certificate showing the separation from service was under other than dishonorable conditions. The veteran must have a permanent and total disability preventing a substantially gainful occupation. His or her income and net worth must be limited as prescribed by statute.

Employment | privacy policy

Contact us Toll Free: (866) 681-7778

© Copyright 2009, Comfort Care Staffing, LLC.